rea.ch is looking for a Mobile Engineer to build our mobile app. You will work with real-time data streams, engineer for performance across devices and delight people by making the best software we can imagine.
You will write efficient, maintainable code for mobile phones, prototype solutions to challenging problems, own release and QA cycles of your code. You will create an app that is able to make traditional/VoIP calls and messaging features. This includes working with REST APIs, syncing data, handling device features such as offline state, geolocation and local contacts.
This position is based in Salvador area (Brazil) and reports to our engineering manager.
If you were to join rea.ch, here are the kinds of things you would do over the course of a typical week:
- Brainstorm with team members to conceptualize new features.
- Collaborate with backend engineers to build new features and decide how an API method should work.
- Create rapid prototypes to test a new feature or technology.
- Learn about new iOS/Android technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on a technical design proposal.
- Provide support to our operations staff in troubleshooting and addressing a production issue.
- Contribute to internal tools that help us improve our development process, manage our users, and scale our systems.
Here are things that we consider critical to being a Mobile Engineer:
- You have curiosity about how things work.
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff.
- You’ve been building mobile applications professionally and can point to things you’ve worked on.
- You have experience with Android and iOS development, with deep knowledge of best practices, APIs and libraries.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching others.
- You also know that the internet is a scary place and understand security concepts deeply and can put them into action to protect us and our users.
- When things break -- and they will -- you are eager and able to help fix things.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
Here are a few extra things that would lift you up a couple of notches in our eyes:
- Academic background in computer science.
- Experience with CocoaPods and other major open source iOS projects.
- A familiarity with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking.
- Working experience with networking and messaging protocols.
- Professional experience designing applications.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience in a startup environment.
What is rea.ch and what is like working with us?
rea.ch is a personal management and collaboration app for professionals and companies based on the natural flow of communication. We are on a mission to build and maintain a unique product to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
rea.ch is an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly. We're excited about diversity and inclusivity - we welcome talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
We are just starting our adventure with the purpose to empower people to stay ahead in life and in business. We want to transform the way people work and become the premier platform of communication for professionals. Come do the best work of your life here at rea.ch.
HOW TO APPLY
reach us at email@example.com with a résumé and cover letter.