Senior Application Engineer
rea.ch is looking for experienced Senior Application Engineers to build features, design and implement API methods, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems to make the best software we can imagine.
A great candidate will feel comfortable building the server-side of rea.ch using common software languages (such as Java, Ruby, Node or Python), PostgreSQL and linux.
Having familiarities in Erlang/Elixir is a huge plus!
This position is based in Salvador area (Brazil) and reports to our engineering manager.
If you were to join rea.ch, here are the kinds of things you would do over the course of a typical week:
- Develop new features with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and frontend, iOS, Android.
- Create rapid prototypes to test a new feature or technology.
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on a technical design proposal.
- Provide support to our operations staff in troubleshooting and addressing a production issue.
Here are things that we consider critical to being a Senior Application Engineer:
- You've been building web applications professionally for 3+ years and can point to things you’ve worked on.
- You have an excellent knowledge of functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java (used without frameworks).
- You have curiosity about how things work.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- When things break -- and they will -- you are eager and able to help fix things.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
Here are a few extra things that would lift you up a couple of notches in our eyes:
- Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (ec2, s3, cloudfront, RDS, route53), Automation tools (Terraform, Jenkins), Graph Databases and Docker.
- Experience with communication protocols like SIP and WebRTC.
- Experience with conflict-free replicated data and distributed node.
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems.
- Experience in a startup environment.
What is rea.ch and what is like working with us?
rea.ch is a personal management and collaboration app for professionals and companies based on the natural flow of communication. We are on a mission to build and maintain a unique product to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
rea.ch is an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly. We're excited about diversity and inclusivity - we welcome talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
We are just starting our adventure with the purpose to empower people to stay ahead in life and in business. We want to transform the way people work and become the premier platform of communication for professionals. Come do the best work of your life here at rea.ch.
HOW TO APPLY
reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a résumé and cover letter.