Software and Data Architect
rea.ch is looking for an experienced Software and Data Architect to help design the data models, architecture the software stack, build prototypes and productionize features to make the best software we can imagine.
A great candidate will feel comfortable creating high-level architectural specifications for systems and data models, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms. He provides consultation on complex areas and is considered to be the top-level contributor and specialist.
Expertise in Erlang/Elixir, Cassandra, Titan and Solr are huge plus, but having familiarity with other common software languages (such as Java, Ruby, Go or Python), other NoSQL/Graph databases and indexing technologies are fine substitutes.
This position is for telecommute freelancers in Salvador area (Brazil) and reports to our engineering manager.
If you were to join rea.ch, here are the kinds of things you would do over the course of a typical week:
- Express strategic data requirements and define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different IT systems.
- Program and develop in web and mobile stack.
- Create rapid prototypes to test a new feature or technology.
- Participate in the administration tasks of our app lifecycle (availability, monitoring, deployment, performance, scalability and security).
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on a technical design proposal.
- Provide support to our operations staff in troubleshooting and addressing a production issue.
- Contribute to internal tools that help us improve our development process, manage our users, and scale our systems.
Here are things that we consider critical to being a Software and Data Architect:
- You have curiosity about how things work.
- You’ve been building and deploying applications at scale professionally and can point to things you’ve worked on.
- You are skilled at logical data modelling, physical data modelling, data policies development, data strategy, data warehousing, data querying languages and identifying and selecting a system that is best for addressing data storage, retrieval and management.
- You master how to create automated and continuous deployment pipeline.
- You have an excellent knowledge of functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java (used without frameworks).
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching others.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You also know that the internet is a scary place and understand security concepts deeply and can put them into action to protect us and our users.
- You know how to build reliable and safe distributed systems and understand the tradeoffs made when engineering a feature.
- When things break -- and they will -- you are eager and able to help fix things.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
Here are a few extra things that would lift you up a couple of notches in our eyes:
- Academic background in computer science.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (ec2, s3, cloudfront, RDS, route53), Linux, Chef or Ansible, Nginx, ThinkerPop (Gremlin) and Docker.
- Experience with communication protocols like SIP and WebRTC.
- Experience with conflict-free replicated data and distributed node.
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems.
- Experience in a startup environment.
What is rea.ch and what is like working with us?
rea.ch is a personal management and collaboration app for professionals and companies based on the natural flow of communication. We are on a mission to build and maintain a unique product to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
rea.ch is an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly. We're excited about diversity and inclusivity - we welcome talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
We are just starting our adventure with the purpose to empower people to stay ahead in life and in business. We want to transform the way people work and become the premier platform of communication for professionals. Come do the best work of your life here at rea.ch.
HOW TO APPLY
reach us at email@example.com with a résumé and cover letter.